North American T-28B
The T-28B was originally developed as a Navy basic trainer and completed its maiden flight on 6 April 1953. Nearly 500 aircraft were built. Early models of the Trojan were tested at Edwards AFB beginning shortly after the plane’s first flight in 1949.
The North American T-28B on display was one of the original four assigned to USAF flight test at Edwards. Friends of Lt. Col. Gary Hall, USA (Ret) funded restoration. Lt. Col. Hall, now deceased, flew this particular T-28B while serving as Deputy Commander of the Army Aviation Engineering Flight Activity at Edwards.